Search engine optimisation elements' effect on website visibility: The Western Cape real estate SMME sector.
Visser, E.B. 2006. Search engine optimisation elements' effect on website visibility: The Western Cape real estate SMME sector. Unpublished Masters Thesis, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Cape Town.
The primary objective of this research project was to determine whether search engine optimisation elements as specified in the Chambers model, affect real estate website visibility. In South Africa, real estate companies predominantly function as SMMEs and are therefore as vulnerable to failure as any other SMME in the country. In order for SMMEs to reduce the possibility of failure, they need to re-evaluate their use of the Internet, as it could assist in their survival. The traditional company structure is no longer sufficient to ensure market reward. The reality is that users are rapidly adapting to the technology available. The Internet is fast becoming a communication, commerce and marketing medium that is changing business globally.
Real estate SMMEs are unable to adapt to e-commerce in its purest form, however, they can make effective use of e-marketing. Static websites are used for that specific purpose. A marketing strategy is imperative to the survival of a company, whereby the firm is able to create and maintain a competitive advantage in a cluttered marketplace. Regrettably, hosting a website on the Internet is not enough. Searchers tend not to view search results beyond the second page - 30 results at the most. It becomes evident that companies should ensure that their own website ranks as high as possible on the search engine result page. This in turn should sufficiently market the company. Search engine optimisation involves designing or modifying websites in order to improve search engine result page ranking. The elements as specified in the Chambers model are extensively elaborated on in the literature analysis.
The methodology consisted of two stages - a questionnaire and empirical experiments. A quantitative research approach was adopted for both of these components. The primary objective of the questionnaire was to obtain search phrases from the public when searching for real estate online. The search phrases were then used in the experiments, testing the visibility of predetermined websites, which were based on a pre- post- test control group design methodology. In this instance, the before group consisted of five different websites from five different real estate companies which have been hosted on the Internet for a duration of no less than three months. The Chambers model was used in the development of five new optimised websites, one for each company. The new websites were hosted on the Internet for 27 days, in order to give search engines the opportunity to index them. The results documented were then compared in order to draw a conclusion.
A total of 121 key search phrases were obtained. The results from the old and new websites were applied to a process which produced a combination of results known as the 'quality factor'. The quality factor indicated either a visibility improvement or visibility deterioration with regard to the old and new company's website. In addition to this, this author compared the optimised website which obtained the best visibility improvement with the website that obtained the highest deterioration in visibility. As a result, the elements specified in the
Chambers model were re-evaluated whereby new elements that had not been specified in the original model were identified. Based on the new findings, this author developed a new search engine optimisation model as a secondary objective in this thesis.
- Adam, S., Mulye, R., Deans, K.R. & Palihawadana, D. 2002. E-marketing in perspective:
a three country comparison of business use of the Internet. Marketing Intelligence &
- Alimohammadi, D. 2003. Meta-tag: a means to control the process of Web indexing.
Online Information Review, 27(4):238-242.
Alimohammadi, D. 2005. Meta-tags: still a matter of opinion. The Electronic Library,
- Alon, I. & Bian, K. 2005. Real estate franchising: the case of Coldwell Banker expansion
into China. Business Horizons, (48):223-231.
Amin, S. 2003. History of cataloguing. http://drtc.isibang.ac.in [Accessed: 3 November
- Ananzi. (email@example.com). 2006a. Ananzi submission. E-mail to W Kritzinger
(firstname.lastname@example.org). [Accessed: 3 May 2006].
Ananzi. (email@example.com). 2006b. Ananzi submission. E-mail to W Kritzinger
(firstname.lastname@example.org). [Accessed: 11 May 2006].
- Anon. 2001. Step 1: Get listed in the directories. http://www.123-search-engine-
optimization.com/directories.html [Accessed: 1 May 2006].
- Anon. 2003. Cold War. http://www.nps.gov/elro/glossary/cold-war.htm [Accessed: 21 April
- Anon. 2005a. HTML frames. http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/e-
government/resources/handbook/html/6-4.asp [Accessed: 13 May 2006].
- Anon. 2005b. World War 2 timeline. http://www.worldwar-2.net/ [Accessed: 21 April
- Anon. 2006a. Internet usage statistics - the big picture. World internet users and
population stats. http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm [Accessed: 21 April 2006].
- Anon. 2006b. Ananzi. http://www.intoweb.co.za/websites_siteanalysis_ananzi.html
[Accessed: 14 May 2006].
- Anon. 2006c. Ananzi. http://www.digitalphrase.com/partners/ananzi_free_advice.htm
[Accessed: 14 August 2006].
- Anon. 2006d. Jayde. http://www.jayde.com/about.html [Accessed: 14 August 2006].
- Baard, V.C. & Van den Berg, A. 2004. Interactive information consulting system for South
African small business – Part 1. South African Journal of Information Management, 6(2).
http://www.sajim.co.za [Accessed: 14 February 2006].
- Babbie, E. 2004. The practice of social research. 10th edition. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
- Baeza-Yates, R. & Ribeiro-Neto, B. 1999. Modern information retrieval. Harlow:
- Berman, S.J. & McClellan B.E. 2002. Ten strategies for survival in the attention economy.
Strategy & Leadership, 30(3):28-33.
- Blair, D.C. 1990. Language and representation in information retrieval. Amsterdam:
- Boter, H. & Lundström, A. 2005. SME perspective on business support services. Journal
of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 12(2):244-258.
- Boyes, J.A. & Irani, Z. 2004. An analysis of the barriers and problems to web
infrastructure development experienced by small businesses. International Journal of
Information Technology and Management, 3(2/3/4):189-207.
- Brink, A., Cant, M. & Ligthelm, A. 2003. Problems experienced by small business in
South Africa. Proceedings of the 16th Annual Conference of Small Enterprise Association
of Australia and New Zealand, Ballarat, Australia, 28 September – 1 October 2003:1-20.
University of Ballarat.
- Chambers, R. 2005. Search engine strategies: a model to improve website visibility for
SMME websites. Unpublished MTech thesis, Cape Peninsula University of Technology,
- Chen, L. & Luh, C. 2005. Web page prediction from metasearch results. Internet
- Chun, T.Y. 1999. World Wide Web robots: an overview. Online & CD-Rom Review,
- Cloete, E. 2002. SMEs in South Africa: acceptance and adoption of e-commerce. Paper
delivered at the South African Computer Lecturers’ Association (SACLA), Port Elizabeth,
South Africa, 16–18 September 2002.
- Constantinides, E. 2002. From physical marketing to Web marketing: the Web-marketing
mix. Proceedings of the 35th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences,
Hawaii, 7–10 January 2002.
[Accessed: 4 April 2006].
- Constantinides, E. 2004. Influencing the online consumer’s behaviour: the Web
experience. Internet Research, 14(2):111-126.
- Craven, T.C. 2003. HTML tags as extraction cues for Web page description construction.
Information Science Journal, 6:1-12.
- Dann, S. & Dann, S. 2004. Strategic Internet marketing. 2
ed edition. Sydney: John Wiley.
- Davis, J. 2000. A guide to Web marketing: successful promotion on the net. London:
- De Wet, S. 2002. Intelligent agents (bots) – are they trustworthy? South African Journal of
Information Management, 4(1). http://www.sajim.co.za [Accessed: 14 February 2006].
- Debowski, S. 2001. Wrong way: go back! An exploration of novice search behaviour while
conducting an information search. The Electronic Library, 19(6):371-382.
- Dermisi, S.V. 2004. Internet versus traditional office sales. Property Management,
- Dinnick, R. 2000. The Internet atlas. London: PRC Publishing.
- Dixon, T. 2005. The impact of information and communications technology on commercial
real estate in the new economy. Journal of Property Investment & Finance,
- Elser, J.K. & Paxton, J. 2005. A search engine that learns. Proceedings of the 4th
International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED)
International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Calgary, Canada,
4–6 July 2005:316-320. IASTED.
- Fetterly, D., Manasse, M. & Najork, M. 2004. Spam, damn spam, and statistics.
Proceedings of the 7th International Workshop on the Web and Databases, Paris, France,
17-18 June 2004. http://research.microsoft.com/~najork/webdb2004.pdf
[Accessed: 10 September 2006].
- Fifield, C. 2002. Search engine strategies: looking at links.
http://searchenginewatch.com/searchday/article.php/2160981 [Accessed: 4 May 2006].
- Fillis, I., Johannson, U. & Wagner, B. 2004. Factors impacting on e-business adoption
and development in the smaller firm. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behaviour &
- Fouchard, G. & Young, R. 2001. A simple guide to searching the Internet. London:
Pearson Professional Education.
- Fourie, P. 2006. Consumers left in the dark... Tabletalk: 1, March 2.
- Friedman, L.G. 2002. Go to market: advanced techniques and tools for selling more
products, to more customers, more profitably. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Gagnon J.L. & Chu J.J. 2005. Retail in 2010: a world of extremes. Strategy & Leadership,
- George, D. 2005. The ABC of SEO. Morrisville, NC: Lulu Press.
- Goddard, W. & Melville, S. 2004. Research methodology: an introduction. 2nd edition.
Wetton: Juta Academic.
- Goh, D.H. & Wang, J.C. 2004. Designing a virtual exhibition using scalable vector
graphics. Aslib Proceedings: New Information Perspective, 56(3):144-155.
- Green, D. 2000. The evolution of Web searching. Online Information Review,
- Guenther, K. 2004a. Getting your website recognized. Online Magazine: 47-49,
- Guenther, K. 2004b. Know the fundamentals and good design will follow. Online
Magazine: 54-56, January/February.
- Hart, T. & Rolletschek, G. 2003. The challenges of regulating the Web. Info, 5(5):6-24.
- Henning, E., Van Rensburg, W. & Smit, B. 2004. Finding your way in qualitative research.
Pretoria: Van Schaik.
- Henzinger, M.R., Motwani, R. & Silverstein, C. 2002. Challenges in Web search engines.
http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigir/forum/F2002/henzinger.pdf [Accessed: 2 May 2006].
- Hofacker, C.F. 2001. Internet marketing. New York: John Wiley.
- Holm, O. 2006. Integrated marketing communication: from tactics to strategy. Corporate
Communication: An International Journal, 11(1):23-33.
- Hubbard, J. 2006. Indexing the Internet. http://www.tk421.net/essays/babel.html
[Accessed: 1 May 2006].
- Hussey, J. & Hussey, R. 1997. Business research: a practical guide for undergraduate
and postgraduate students. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). 2006. First quarter 2005 highest ad revenue in nine
consecutive growth quarters. http://iab.net/news/pr_2005_6_6.asp [Accessed: 8 April
- Ivens, K. 2003. Faster smarter Internet: take charge of your online experience – faster,
smater, better! Redmond, WA: Microsoft Press.
- Konia, B.S. 2002. Search engine optimization with WebPosition GOLD 2. Plano, TX:
- Kreymer, O. 2002. An evaluation of help mechanisms in natural language information
retrieval systems. Online Information Review, 26(1):30-39.
- Krishnamurthy, S. 2006. Introduction E-MARKETPLAN: a practical methodology to plan
e-marketing activities. Business Horizons, 2006(49):51-60.
- Kritzinger, W.T. 2006. The effect webpage body keyword location has on ranking in
search engine results: an empirical study. Unpublished MTech dissertation, Cape
Peninsula University of Technology, Cape Town.
- Laing, R. & Powling, I. 2002. A digital guide: Internet facts. London: Starfire.
- Lee, M. & Johnson, K.K.P. 2002. Exploring differences between Internet apparel
purchasers, browsers and non-purchasers. Journal of Fashion Marketing and
- Leedy, P.D. & Ormrod, J.E. 2005. Practical research: planning and design. 8th
international edition. Upper Saddle River NJ: Pearson Education.
- Leiner, B.M., Cerf, V.G., Clark, D.D., Kahn, R.E., Kleinrock, L., Lynch, D.C., Postel, J.,
Roberts, L.G. & Wolff, S.S. 1997. The past and future history of the Internet.
Communication of the ACM, 40(2):102-108.
- Machill, M., Neuberger, C. & Schindler, F. 2003. Transparency on the Net: functions and
deficiencies of the Internet search engines. Info, 5(1):52-74.
- Marx, S., Van Rooyen, D.C., Bosch, J.K. & Reynders, H.J.J. 1998. Business
Management. 2ed edition. Pretoria: Van Schaik.
- Mbikiwa, F.N. 2005. Search engine exclusion policies: implications on indexing
e-commerce websites. Unpublished MTech thesis, Cape Peninsula University of
Technology, Cape Town.
- McGuigan, G. 2003. Invisible business information: the selection of invisible Web sites in
constructing subject pages for business. Collection Building, 22(2):68-74.
- Moran, M. & Hunt, B. 2005. Search Engine Marketing, Inc.: driving search traffic to your
company’s web site. New York: IBM Press.
- Morrison, M. & Morrison, J. 2003. Database-driven web sites: 2
ed edition. Cambridge, MA:Course Technology.
- Motjolopane, I. 2005. A preliminary study into strategies for determining the level to start
e-commerce adoption for success in SMMEs. Unpublished MTech thesis, Cape
Peninsula University of Technology, Cape Town.
- Ngindana, M. 2006. Visibility of e-commerce websites to search engines: a comparison
between text-based and graphic-based hyperlinks. Unpublished MTech dissertation,
Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Cape Town.
- Nieman, G. 2001. Training entrepreneurs and small business enterprises in South Africa:
a situational analysis. Education & Training, 43(8/9):445-450.
- Nobles, R. & O’Neil, S. 2000. Streetwise maximize web site traffic: build web site traffic
fast and free by optimizing search engine placement. Holbrook MA: Adams Media
- Ntoulas, A., Najork, M., Manasse, M. & Fetterly, D. 2006. Detecting spam web pages
through content analysis. Paper delivered at the World Wide Web Conference,
Edinburgh, Scotland, 23-26 May 2006. http://research.microsoft.com/research/sv/sv-
pubs/www2006.pdf [Accessed: 15 September 2006].
- Olivier, M.S. 2004. Information technology research: a practical guide for computer
science and informatics. 2nd edition. Pretoria: Van Schaik.
- Oppenheim, C., Morris, A. & McKnight, C. 2000. The evaluation of WWW search engines.
Journal of Documentation, 56(2):190-211.
- Pather, S. & Remenyi, D. 2005. Some of the philosophical issues underpinning research
in information systems – from positivism to critical realism. South African Computer
- Perreault, W.D. Jr. & McCarthy E.J. 2002. Basic marketing: a global – managerial
approach. 14th edition. Boston MA: McGraw-Hill.
- Pollock, M.D. n.d. Why traditional marketing is dead.
http://smallbusinessbranding.typepad.com/marketingdead.PDF [Accessed: 28 March
- Poulter, A. 1997. The design of World Wide Web search engines: a critical review.
- Quintal, A. & Du Plessis, H. 2006. R6bn: cost of power chaos. Cape Argus: 1, March 30.
- Ramos, A. & Cota, S. 2004. Insider’s guide to SEO: how to get your website to the top of
the search engines. Fremont, CA: Jain.
- Rao, S.S. 2002. Marketing enterprises Internet ready: e-business for process industries.
Work Study, 51(5):248-253.
- Ridings, C. & Shishigin, M. 2002. PageRank uncovered.
http://www.voelspriet2.nl/PageRank.pdf [Accessed: 18 May 2006].
- Rob, P. & Coronel, C. 2002. Database systems: design, implementation & management.
5th edition. Boston, MA: Course Technology.
- Rowley, J. 2001a. Knowledge organisation in a Web-based environment. Management
- Rowley, J. 2001b. Remodelling marketing communications in an Internet environment.
Internet Research: Electronic Networking Applications and Policy, 11(3):203-212.
- Rowley, J. 2002. Synergy and strategy in e-business. Marketing Intelligence & Planning,
- Rowley, J. 2004. Just another channel? Marketing communications in e-business.
Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 22(1):24-41.
- Rowley, J. 2005. The evolution of Internet business strategy: the case of UK estate
agency. Property Management, 23(3):217-226.
- Ru, Y. & Horowitz, E. 2005. Indexing the invisible web: a survey. Online Information
- Scullin, S.S., Fjermestad, J. & Romano Jr., N.C. 2004. E-relationship marketing: changes
in traditional marketing as an outcome of electronic customer relationship management.
The Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 17(6):410-415.
- Sen, R. 2005. Optimal search engine marketing strategy. International Journal of
Electronic Commerce, 10(1):9-25, Fall.
- Sheth, J. & Sharma, A. 2005. International e-marketing: opportunities and issues.
International Marketing Review, 22(6):611-622.
- Simpande, J. & Jakovljevic, M. 2003. Integrating the Internet and enterprise resource
planning (ERP) systems in South African electricity utility companies. South African
Journal of Information Management, 5(1). http://www.sajim.co.za [Accessed: 23 March
- Singh, A.M. 2002. The Internet – strategies for optimal utilization in South Africa. South
African Journal of Information Management, 4(1). http://www.sajim.co.za
[Accessed: 18 February 2006].
- Singh, I.K. 2003. Criteria for the development of effective university Web sites. South
African Journal of Information Management, 5(3). http://www.sajim.co.za
[Accessed: 23 March 2006].
- Smit, L. 2003. SMME: small, medium & micro enterprises: NQF 1 workbook. Cape Town:
- Smith, C. 2002. Infrastructure needs for electronic commerce and the Internet, intranets
and extranets. South African Journal of Information Management, 4(4).
http://www.sajim.co.za [Accessed: 23 March 2006].
- Smith, P.R. & Chaffey, D. 2002. eMarketing eXcellence: the heart of eBusiness. Oxford:
- Song, J. & Zahedi, F.M. 2006. Internet market strategies: antecedents and implications.
Information & Management, 43(2):222-238.
- South Africa. Department of Communications. 2000. A Green Paper on electronic
commerce: “Making it your business”,
[Accessed: 27 March 2006].
- South Africa. National Treasury. 2006. Chapter 1: The relative importance of SMEs in the
- South African economy: an analysis of issues and quantification of magnitudes.
http://www.treasury.gov.za/documents/sme/p25-56.pdf [Accessed: 14 January 2006].
- Spink, A. & Xu, J.L. 2000. Selected results from a large study of Web searching: the
Excite study. Information Research, 6(1). http://informationr.net/ir/6-1/paper90.html
[Accessed: 20 April 2006].
- Sterne, J. 2001. World Wide Web marketing: integrating the web into your marketing
ed edition. New York: John Wiley.
- Steyn, A.G.W., Smit, C.F., Du Toit, S.H.C. & Strasheim, C. 1994. Modern statistics in
practice. Pretoria: Van Schaik.
- Strauss, J. & Frost, R. 2001. E-Marketing: 2
ed edition. Upper Saddle River, NJ:
- Struwig, F.W. & Stead, G.B. 2001. Planning, designing and reporting research. Cape
Town: Pearson Education.
- Sullivan, D. 1998. WebPosition Gold software review. http://www.web-
positiongold.com/product-reviews-web-position-gold.htm [Accessed: 15 March 2006].
- Sullivan, D. 2000. WebPosition Gold review.
[Accessed: 16 March 2006].
- Sullivan, D. 2002a. How search engines work.
http://searchenginewatch.com/webmasters/article.php/2168031 [Accessed: 17 April
- Sullivan, D. 2002b. Using direct hit popularity results.
http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/article.php/2165041 [Accessed: 3 May 2006].
- Sullivan, D. 2002c. How to use HTML meta tags.
http://searchenginewatch.com/webmasters/article.php/2167931 [Accessed: 15 May
- Sullivan, D. 2003a. How search engines rank web pages.
http://searchenginewatch.com/webmasters/print.php/34751_2167961 [Accessed: 30 April
- Sullivan, D. 2003b. Ending the debate over cloaking.
http://searchenginewatch.com/sereport/article.php/2165231 [Accessed: 16 May 2006].
- Sullivan, D. 2004. Major search engines and directories.
http://searchenginewatch.com/links/article.php/2156221 [Accessed: 28 April 2006].
Thelwall, M. 2000. Effective websites for small and medium-sized enterprises. Journal of
- Small Business and Enterprise Development, 7(2):149-159.
- Thelwall, M. 2002. Subject gateway sites and search engine ranking. Online Information
- Thelwall, M. & Vaughan, L. 2004. New versions of PageRank employing alternative Web
document models. Aslib Proceedings, 56(1):24-33.
- Thurow, S. 2003. Search engine visibility. Indianapolis, IN: New Riders Press.
- Van der Westhuizen, M. 2001. The invisible Web. South African Journal of Information
Management, 3(3/4). http://www.sajim.co.za [Accessed: 14 February 2006].
- Van Steenderen, M. 2001. Web site management: making a web site more visible. South
African Journal of Information Management, 2(4). http://www.sajim.co.za
[Accessed: 14 February 2006].
- Visser, C.J. 2006. Interview with the manager of ERA Steer Blaauwberg on 12 April 2006,
Cape Town. [Recorded on audio cassette].
- Visser, E.B., Kritzinger W. & Weideman, M. 2006. Search engine optimising elements
and their effect on website visibility: implementation of the Chambers model. Proceedings
of the 8th Annual Conference on WWW Applications, Bloemfontein, South Africa, 6 -8
September 2006. http://www.zaw3.co.za [Accessed: 8 September 2006].
- Visser, E.B., Weideman, M. & Strümpfer, C. 2005. An empirical study on the effect
demographic features and the choice of keywords have on searching success for Ananzi
users (Poster Abstract). In Bishop, J. & Kourie, D. (eds). Research for a Changing World:
Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the South African Institute of Computer
Scientists and Information Technologists (SAICSIT) Conference, White River,
Mpumalanga, 20-22 September 2005. SAICSIT: 287.
- Walker, J. 2005. Links and power: the political economy of linking on the Web. Library
- Weideman, M. 2002a. Effective application of metadata in South African HEI websites to
enhance visibility to search engines. Proceedings of the 4th Annual Conference on WWW
Applications, Bellville, South Africa, 4-6 September 2002:1-17. http://www.zaw3.co.za.
- Weideman, M. 2002b. FOIOTI: Successful Internet searching for the average user.
Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the South African Institute of Computer
Scientists and Information Technologists (SAICSIT), Port Elizabeth, South Africa,
16-18 September 2002:1-7. SAICSIT.
- Weideman, M. 2004. Empirical evaluation of one of the relationships between the user,
search engines, metadata and websites in three-letter .com websites. South African
Journal of Information Management, 6(3). http://www.sajim.co.za [Accessed: 29 April
- Weideman, M. (email@example.com). 2006. Search engine facts. E-mail to EB Visser
(firstname.lastname@example.org). [Accessed: 8 August 2006].
- Weideman, M. & Chambers, R. 2005. The application of best practice towards improving
website visibility to search engines: a pilot study. South African Journal of Information
Management, 7(4). http://www.sajim.co.za [Accessed: 10 May 2006].
- Weideman, M. & Strümpfer, C. 2004. The effect of search engine keyword choice and
demographic features on Internet searching success. Information Technology and
- Weideman, M. & Visser E.B. 2006. An empirical study on the effect demographic features
and the choice of keywords have on searching success for Ananzi users. In Weideman,
M., Kritzinger, W.T. & Visser, E.B. (eds). Project IV 2005 ICT Research Forum. Cape
Town: CPUT: 424-440.
- Wikipedia. 2006. Library catalog. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_catalog [Accessed: 3
- Wells, T. 2005. How search engines work (and sometimes don’t).
and-Sometimes-Dont/ [Accessed: 30 April 2006].
- Welman, J.C. & Kruger, S.J. 1999. Research methodology for the business and
administrative sciences. Cape Town: Oxford University Press.
- Wilkinson, T.A. 2004. Just say no to SEO spam.
http://www.stc.org/intercom/PDFs/2004/2004012_36-37&42.pdf [Accessed: 16 May
- Wilson, A. & Laskey, N. 2003. Internet based marketing research: a serious alternative to
traditional research methods? Marketing Intelligence & Planning, 21(2):79-84.
- Wilson, K.C. 2002. Automatic indexing: problems and solutions.
http://www.humbul.ac.uk/ltsn-humbul/survey/survey_appendix8.doc [Accessed: 29 April
- Wind, Y. 2005. Marketing as an engine of business growth: a cross-functional
perspective. Journal of Business Research, 2005(58):863-873.
- Xie, H. 2004. Online IR system evaluation: online database versus Web search engines.
Online Information Review, 28(3):211-219.
- Zhang, J. & Cheung, C. 2003. Meta-search-engine feature analysis. Online Information