Digital Marketing - Marrying Visibility and Usability in African websites.
Plenary keynote at the Afri-Tech Summit, Nairobi, Kenya. 15 - 18 June.
Weideman, M. 2011. Digital Marketing - Marrying Visibility and Usability in African websites. Plenary keynote at the Afri-Tech Summit, Nairobi, Kenya. 15 - 18 June. Online: http://web-visibility.co.za/website-visibility-digital-library-seo/
More than ever before, a Web presence is mission critical for any serious business with a product or service to market. The African continent did not initially keep pace with Internet growth, but that in itself presents some unique opportunities for African countries. The aim of this workshop is to expose and demonstrate the features which both enhance and detract from websites becoming major marketing tools.
Many live examples and tests, and audience participation will be used to enhance this workshop experience.
After this workshop, the attendee will know how to:
- improve both a website's visibility and usability
- measure the degree of a website's visibility
- produce website content for the African market
- use a company website as a finely polished tool to improve the efficiency of the marketing process.
- Visser, E.B. & Weideman, M. 2011.  Search engine optimisation versus Website usability-conflicting requirements? Information Research, 16(3). September. [Online], Available: www.web-visibility.co.za/0001-journal-article-2011-visser-weideman-search-engine-optimization-usability-conflict.html
- Visser, E.B. & Weideman, M. 2011.  An empirical study on website usability elements and how they affect search engine optimisation. South African Journal of Information Management. 13(1). March 2011. [Online], Available: www.web-visibility.co.za/0027-journal-article-2011-visser-weideman-website-usability-search-engine-optimization.html