- Constantinides, E. 2002. From physical marketing to Web marketing: The Web-marketing
mix. In: Proceedings of the 35th Hawaii International Conference on System Science, 2002.
Big Island, Hawaii, 7–10 January. New York: IEEE. (7):2628-2638.
- Craven, T. 2001. Description meta tags in locally linked Webpages. In: Proceedings of Aslib,
June 2001. The University of Western Ontario: 53(6):203-216.
- Dickson, M. and Marshall, G. 2004. Search engine secrets. .Net. May 2004, 28-35.
- Douglas, T. 2003. Improving your Website visibility. Take these steps to drive better results
with search engines. [Online]. Available WWW: http://www.BusinessWest.com (Accessed
15 June 2004).
- Galon, D. 1999. The savvy way to successful Website promotion: Secrets of successful
Websites, attracting on-line traffic. The most up to date guide to top positioning on search
engines. Canada: Trafford Publishing.
- Guenther, K. 2004a. Getting your Website recognized. Online Magazine, May/June: 47-49.
- Guenther, K. 2004b. Know the fundamentals and good design would follow. Online
Magazine, January/February: 54-56.
- Hursh, P. 2004. Search engines turning trademark law upside down. [Online]. Available
WWW: www.searchenginewatch.com (Accessed 23 May 2004).
- Konia, B. 2002. Search engine optimization with WebPosition Gold 2. Texas: Wordware
- Nobles, R. and O’Neil, S. 2000. Maximize Website traffic: build Website traffic fast and free
by optimizing search engine placement. USA: Avon, MA: Corporation.
- Rowley, J. 2001. Remodelling marketing communications in an Internet Environment.
Internet Research: Electronic Networking Applications and Policy 11(3):203-212.
Search engine optimization. Submission gimmick. 2004 [Online]. Available WWW:
http://www.interclick.org/gimmicks.html (Accessed 12 October 2004).
- Srinivasan, P., Ruiz, M. and Lam, W. 1996. An investigation of indexing on the WWW. In
Proceedings of the ASIS ’96, (33):79-83.
- Subia Creative. 2002a. Massive search engine submission is often a worthless gimmick.
[Online]. Available WWW: http://www.subiainteractive.com/art-subgimmick.html
(Accessed 20 May 2004).
- Subia Creative. 2002b. Justifying an investment in search engine marketing. [Online].
Available WWW: http://www.subiainteractive.com/art-pref-leads.html (Accessed 20 May
- Thelwall, M. 2000. Effective Websites for small and medium-sized enterprises. Journal of
Small Business and Enterprise Development 7(2):149-159.
- Thurow, S. 2003. Search engine visibility. Indianapolis, In: New Riders Publishing.
- Trunble, I. 2003. Is your Website a usable tool, or a designer’s dalliance? inCite (August).
[Online]. Available WWW:
http://www.alia.org.au/publishing/incite/2003/08/usable.tool.html (Accessed 24 June 2004).
- Van Steenderen, M. 2001. Web site management: making a Web site more visible. South
African Journal of Information Management 2(4). [Online]. Available WWW:
http://www.sajim.co.za (Accessed 13 May 2004).
- Weideman, M. 2004a. Ethical issues on content distribution to digital consumers via paid
placements as opposed to Website visibility in search engine results. In: Proceedings of
ETHICOMP 2004, 14–16 April 2004, University of the Aegean, Syros. (2): 904-915.
- Weideman, M. 2004b. Empirical evaluation of one of the relationships between the user,
search engines, metadata and Web sites in three-letter .com
Websites. South African Journal of Information Management 6(3). [Online]. Available
WWW: http://www.sajim.co.za (Accessed 13 May 2005).