Visser, Eugene Bourbon
- Bade, D. (2007). Relevancy ranking is not relevance ranking or, when the user is not the user, the search results are not search results. Online Information Review, 831-844.
- Barnard, L. & Wesson, J.L. (2003). Usability issues for e-commerce in South Africa: an empirical investigation. In IT research in developing countries: proceedings of the Annual Research Conference of the South African Institute of Computer Scientists and Information Technologists (SAICSIT), Pretoria, South Africa, 17-19 September 2003
(pp. 258-267). Pretoria, South Africa: SAICSIT.
- Carpineto, C., Osinski, S., Romano, G. & Weiss, D. (2009). A survey of Web clustering engines. ACM Computing Surveys, 41(3), 17.1-17.38.
- Cutts, M. (2010). Google incorporating site speed in search rankings. Retrieved on 27 January 2011 from http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/site-speed/ (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/60zGEnJMl)
- Eisenberg, B., Quarto-von Tivadar, J., Davis, L.T. & Crosby, B. (2008). Always be testing: the complete guide to Google Website optimizer. Indianapolis, IN: Sybex.
- Enser, P.G.B., Sandom, C.J., Hare, J.S. & Lewis, P.H. (2007). Facing the reality of semantic image retrieval. Journal of Documentation, 63(4), 465-481.
- Feng, J., Bhargava, H.K. & Pennock, D.M. (2007). Implementing sponsored search in Web search engines: computational evaluation of alternative mechanisms. Journal of Computing, 19(1), 137-148.
- George, C.A. (2005). Usability testing and design of a library Website: an interactive approach. OCLC System & Services, 21(3), 167-180.
- Google. (2009). Traffic drops and site architecture issues. Retrieved on 1 February 2011 from http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009/06/traffic-drops-and-sitearchitecture_
29.html (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/60zGotnDq)
- Google. (2010a). Webmaster guidelines. Retrieved on 7 February 2011 from http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35769#3 (Archived
by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/60zH9S0uB)
- Google. (2010b). Little or no original content. Retrieved on 30 January 2011 from https://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=66361
(Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/60zqSVGkm)
- Google Analytics. (2011). What does bounce rate mean?. Retrieved on 31 January 2011 from http://www.google.com/support/analytics/bin/answer.py?
hl=en&answer=81986 (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/60zqcrMq6)
- Green, D. (2000). The evolution of Web searching. Online Information Review, 24(2), 124-137.
- Jacsó, P. (2008). How many Web-wide search engines do we need? Online Information Review, 32(6), 860-865.
- Jerkovic, J.I. (2010). SEO warrior. Sebastopol: O’Reilly Media.
- Johnson, J. (2007). GUI bloopers 2.0: common user interface design don’ts and dos (2nd ed.). San Francisco: Morgan Kaufmann.
- Kritzinger, W.T. & Weideman, M. (2008). Finding the synergy: search engine optimization vs. website usability. In Proceedings of the 10th Annual Conference on World
Wide Web Applications, Cape Town, South Africa, 3-5 September 2008. Retrieved on 13 July 2011 from http://www.book-visibility.com/download.php?AID=168&UID=6
(Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/60zI33f18)
- Krug, S. (2006). Don’t make me think!: a common sense approach to Web usability. Berkeley, CA: New Riders Press.
- Lencastre, J.A. & Chaves, J.H. (2008). A usability evaluation of educational Websites. Retrieved on 6 February 2011 from http://www.eadtu.nl/conference- 2008/Proceedings/NT%20-%20Lencastre%20-%20Usability%20evaluation%20of%20educational%20websites.pdf (Archived by WebCite® at
- Live. (2010). Guidelines for successful indexing. Retrieved on 30 January 2011 from http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/hh204434.aspx (Archived by WebCite® at
- Lynn, A.L. (2006). Detecting spam documents in a phrase based information retrieval system [Patent application]. Retrieved on 6 February 2011 from http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?
Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=%2220060294155%22.PGNR.&OS=DN/20060294155&RS=DN/20060294155 (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/60zrx4nbt)
- Machill, M., Neuberger, C. & Schindler, F. (2003). Transparency on the net: function and deficiencies of the Internet search engine. Info, 5(1), 52-72.
- Mandl, T. (2007). The impact of Website structure on link analysis. Internet Research, 17(2), 196-206.
- Moran, M. & Hunt, B. (2005). Search engine marketing, Inc.: driving search traffic to your company’s Web site. New York: IBM Press.
- Murphy, H.C. & Kielgast, C.D. (2008). Do small and medium-sized hotels exploit search engine marketing? International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management 20(1), 90-97.
- Neethling, R. (2008). Search engine optimisation or paid placement system-user preference. (Unpublished MTech thesis). Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Nielsen, J. (2003). Usability 101: introduction to usability. Retrieved on 30 January 2011 from http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20030825.html (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/60zs6o5Fu)
- Nielsen, J. & Loranger, H. (2006). Prioritizing Web usability. Berkeley, CA: New Riders Press.
- Nielsen, J. & Loranger, H. (2010). Eyetracking Web usability. Berkeley, CA: New Riders Press.
- Qi, X. & Davison, B.D. (2009). Web page classification: features and algorithms. ACM Computing Surveys, 41(2), 12.1-12.31.
- Smullen, M. & O’Riordan, C. (2007). An attempt to enhance performance in user session based information retrieval. Artificial Intelligence Review, 26, 11-21.
- Sullivan, D. (2010). Chitika: Bing passes Yahoo! in search market share. Retrieved on 27 January 2011 from http://searchengineland.com/chitika-bing-passes-yahoo-insearch-
market-share-48678 (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/60zsTmU7q)
- Thelwall, M. (2005). Link analysis: an information science approach. San Diego, CA: Academic Press.
- Thurow, S. (2003). Search engine visibility. Indianapolis, IN: New Riders Press.
- Thurow, S. (2010a). Keywords, aboutness & SEO. Retrieved on 6 February 2011 from http://searchengineland.com/keywords-aboutness-seo-49210 (Archived by WebCite®
- Thurow, S. (2010b). Deadly sins against SEO: part 1. Retrieved on 27 January 2011 from http://searchengineland.com/deadly-sins-against-seo-part-1-37625 (Archived by
WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/60zt1itNT)
- Visser, E.B. (2007). Search engine optimisation elements’ effect on Website visibility: the Western Cape real estate SMME sector. Unpublished MTech thesis, Cape Peninsula
University of Technology, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Wall, A. (2007). Lower keyword focus to improve search engine rankings. Retrieved on 25 January 2011 from http://searchengineland.com/lower-keyword-focus-toimprove-
search-engine-rankings-11951 (Archived by WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/60ztBm6Dm)
- Wang, X. & Huang, W. (2009). Lund University Website evaluation: focus on homepage and English research pages. Unpublished Master’s thesis, Lund University, Lund,
- Website Standards Association. (2008). Business Website usability and search engine optimisation guidelines. Retrieved on 4 February 2011 from
- Weideman, M. & Strümpfer, C. (2004). The effect of search engine keyword choice and demographics features on Internet searching success. Information Technology and
Libraries, 23(2), 58-65.
- Weideman, M. (2009). Website visibility: the theory and practice of improving rankings. Oxford: Chandos Publishers.
- Yahoo! (2010). Yahoo! search content quality guidelines. Retrieved on 1 February 2011 from http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/search/basics/basics-18.html (Archived by
WebCite® at http://www.webcitation.org/60zuXcCke)
- Yang, C., Yang, K. & Yuan, H. (2007). Improving the search process through ontology-based adaptive semantic search. The Electronic Library, 25(2), 234-248.